The first instalment of ‘United Inkdom’ – now that I’m settled in at UNI over here in Bristol, UK, I’m excited to begin sharing the sights and experiences each week. This is my ‘dorm’ – the Clifton Hill House, a manor house older than the United States of America.
A few things about Bristol I’ve learned so far:
- It is always raining, and even when it’s not, it’s still kinda raining.
- The locals (human and animal) are quite friendly.
3. They are pretty serious about their graffiti.
4. Every other building is an ancient church.
5. Humble brag: there’s some family history
And do NOT forget the difference between ‘pants’ and ‘trousers’…
Until next week,